The mission of the Women’s Ministry is for every woman of First Presbyterian Church to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will with all wisdom and spiritual understanding so that we may live lives that are worthy of the Lord and pleasing to him in every way, producing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God. (Col 1:9-10)
To this end, we believe:
- In ministry that is for women, but not all about women.
- In the systematic study of the Word of God as necessary, foundational and central.
- In seeking the face of God through regular, disciplined prayer.
- In developing a diverse and unified body of women committed to building relationships across the generations.
- In providing safe places for women to grieve losses or heal from traumatizing situations in their lives.
- In actively loving and serving our Church, our community and the larger Church of Jesus Christ.
Small Group Bible Studies Throughout the Week
This year we are studying 1 Peter. Watch the video overview as presented by Dr. Mark Ross. You may also want to watch the video from the women’s event, “Our Hope Lives,” where Karon Williamson introduced the study at a women’s gathering. If you are interested in participating in Bible study, please contact Lesley Hamm, 706.262.8831, for information about the various groups available.
Our Bible studies are structured according to the BEAM acronym. Our time together will include Biblical study, Engaging interactions, times where we hold one another Accountable, and opportunities for Missional service to restore people and rebuild places through the gospel of Jesus Christ.