Dear Church Family,
Please join me in focused prayer for our nation as we have witnessed disturbing events in our capitol that every Christian American should be heartbroken over. Let us pray through Paul’s instructions to Timothy as we lament these recent events, asking God to grant repentance to our nation, that we might live in his saving hope. God have mercy on us and this nation, knowing that it is undeserved.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- God’s rule of justice, righteousness, and truth to govern and guide those who are in positions of authority in this nation
- Followers of Christ to display godliness and holiness in attitudes, speech, and conduct so we will point others to the light of Christ, our true and living hope
- All people in our nation to respect the rule of law, displaying dignity and respect for every citizen
- Protection, peace, and calm leadership for our law enforcement
- God-centered living in the church and awakening among the lost in this nation