2020 Summer Intern Job Description
First Presbyterian Church / Augusta, Georgia
Are you passionate about investing in the future generation of church leaders? First Presbyterian Church is seeking college students and recent college graduates who are interested in pursuing vocational youth ministry to consider our Summer Youth Ministry Internship.
The Mission of First Presbyterian Church, Augusta, is to restore people and rebuild places with the gospel of Jesus Christ, to the glory of God. The Youth Ministry seeks to advance this mission by making disciples of our covenant youth and their friends.
Who Should Apply?
- College students and recent college graduates who have a heart for Jesus, his Word, his Church, and lost people
- Anyone with a desire to pour into the lives of high school and middle school students
- Individuals with a high relationship capacity
- Those interested in committing to explore the calling to youth ministry and their giftings in the context of the local church
Why an Internship?
- Individuals who feel led to vocational ministry will get first-hand ministry experience.
- We will help you develop your gifts and equip you with tools to better discern your unique makeup and contributions in the area of youth ministry.
- We will provide training, guidance, discipleship, and feedback for those interested in future kingdom service.
- You will help us build Christ’s church by reaching lost students and discipling youth.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Relational contact work
- Theological/Ministry study
- Teaching God’s Word at Bible studies, Sunday School and student events
- Planning and leading youth ministry programs and events
- Service and missions
- Leadership development
Will I Get Paid?
- Yes. Interns will receive a stipend for the summer, budget for contact work, gas allowance and rent free housing.
Ready to Apply?
- Complete the form below and click “Submit.”
Contact our Youth Ministry Administrative Assistant, Beth Benson, for more information.