Please pray for those from our staff, Session and congregation attending General Assembly this week in Greensboro, North Carolina, gathering with others in our denomination for discussion, training, planning, prayer and encouragement about the Lord’s great work around the world. Watch live-streaming of conference events.
More resources from the 2017 General Assembly will be available in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on the Resources column at the bottom of our website home page for full details.
Those who attended General Assembly are:
- Jackie and George Robertson (Teaching Elder); Caroline—As last year’s moderator, Dr. Robertson will give the opening sermon Tuesday, June 13, at 7:30 p.m. He is also serving on the Standing Judiciary Committee, co-leading with Sylvester Brown a seminar on racial reconciliation, speaking at the African American Fellowship Luncheon, and attending a meeting regarding Augusta Seminary.
- Amber and John Barrett (Teaching Elder)—John is serving on the Records Committee.
- Julie and Mike Phillips (Teaching Elder)—Mike is serving on the Resolution Committee, and leading a meeting regarding a Augusta Seminary.
- Mary and Sylvester Brown (Ruling Elder)—Sylvester will do the Scripture reading during worship Tuesday night, is serving on the Racial Reconciliation Committee, and will co-lead with Dr. Robertson a seminar on racial reconciliation.
- Martha and Gerald Killian (Ruling Elder)—Gerald is serving on the Administrative Committee.
- Beth and Jeff Westergreen (Ruling Elder)—Jeff is serving on the Overtures Committee.
- Jess (Pastor’s Assistant) and Keith Romer; Clayton—Jess will be assisting Dr. Robertson and Mr. Brown with the seminar they are giving and assisting with the meeting regarding Augusta Seminary.
Click the video below to watch Dr. Robertson’s sermon during the opening session of General Assembly on June 13. The service begins at 1:49:10, and at 2:21:55 our Ruling Elder, Sylvester Brown reads the Scripture passage in preparation for Dr. Robertson’s sermon.